You probably already have a smoke detector. New homes come with them already installed and many states have a law that requres them to installed.

But what about a carbon monoxide detector? Do you have one in your home?

If not, why don’t you skip a latte a week during the month of February and instead buy a carbon monoxide detector for your home!

Having a carbon monoxide detector is often overlooked and forgotten. Furnaces, generators, space heaters, stoves,  gas water heaters and automobiles are common monoxide sources and can put your family at risk of carbon monoxide poisoning.

Since the gas has no order, smell or color a Carbon Monoxide detector is necessary because it is the only way to detect that it is present. Placing the detector in the hallways by the bedrooms is best, that way the alarm can be heard while sleeping.

Remember without a detector the gas can build up in your house without your knowing. Isn’t skipping a month worth of latte’s worth you and your family’s safety?